Friday, December 23, 2011

Feeling Guilty (and evil)

I feel a little guilty admitting that I love sending our holiday card and getting other people's. In general, I'm not a fan of this kind of paper communication—I would much prefer to use e-greetings or evites when propriety dictates that one must be thanked or invited to something. But even I see that getting an electronic holiday card wouldn't be nearly as charming as the standard-issue photo card. It's classy when people personalize their cards, but I'm still very pleased to receive cards from my friends whether they personalize them or not. The photos that people choose and the card styles or companies that they use are a little window into each family's personality. And maybe we feel like this time of year must be a bit heartening to the postal service, which is otherwise suffering in the face of so much electronic communication.

To celebrate my hypocrisy about holiday paper communications, here’s the traditional Christmas Carols in a minor key, just to make them sound sort of evil:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home