Sunday, June 12, 2005

Blogging While Drunk





No seriously. I'm a little buzzed, but I have to get this out of my chest: After four years of college (at a five year plan), I'm working at a nail salon! Haha. Only until I find a job though, and even then, I'll still be working at the shop to make ends meet. Shhhh! Some moola under the table. Don't tell my "friends" at the IRS. It's not much since I've decided to demote myself from a nail technician to a meesly receptionist at $30/day in a 12hr shift. Long story. Let's just say that I made my customers fainted (strike 1). Not by dehydration from the heat outdoors. Not by the kids screaming. Not by the buff and the bluff and I'll blow your house off with my chilly chin chin. But by the sight of blood I made on myself. Way to collect client-tel! My mother is so pissed off at me for working at the salon, and she's gonna have dad kick my ass with the silent treatment (strike 2). Eh! It's better to be pissed off than to be pissed on.

Anyhow, I had a great time with Steph, Hong, Will and Jason last night. I played moose for the first time. All we need was a bowl, a quarter and an ice tray. The left side of the tray be "give" (you give out drinks), the right side for "take" (you take the drinks or is it the other way around). If the quarter goes in the moose bowl, you must look like a moose. Last person to make their respective Moose part drinks. It gets very funny. I had three community bowls! ech! Watch out for the quarter in the beer if it lands in the bowl and you have to drink it! its a doosie if you forget! We Gettysburgians are gonna raise the roof, baby (in DC/Maryland)! I miss G'burg already.

I have no interesting links tonight. I read a Washington Post article while at work (strike 3). I'm glad that the Senate is passing an apology for the anti-lynching laws that was too late for what had happened in the last century. I almost cried at how people could made a social event out of such atrocities to African Americans. At any rate, there are so many flaws in our system, past and present. We just need to face the reality and mend our mistakes. Peak oil is still in the back of my mind, but that's gonna be another thorough blog when I'm not so tipsy. Take care ya'll.




1 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha. I'll try that game someday

 

Post a Comment

<< Home