Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Cammy is hurt, State of Union* switchgrass biofuel

Yup. Cammy's rear-end is in pain, a classic rear-end collision. The following vehicle does not have time to brake and impacts Cammy. No injuries. No whiplashes. No worries. Mom and I are physically alright. She was yelling and being upset with me for no particular reasons. I was not the one behind the wheel! I guess it was just instinct, and I was the victim.

The mechanical damage was not equally shared because the other vehicle was a Ford van. It has greater mass and better plasticity than Cammy the Camry. Luckily, Cammy's fuel tank was undamaged. There's just a big ass dent at the rear. I was getting her new tires, and it looks like I may have to repair the depression as well.

So, what did you think of the President's State of the Union speech? I thought he was good on the delivery, very good on the content and ok on the presentation. Did you see the sudden cutaway to the smiling Hilary Clinton, reacting to the NSA surveillance issue? Did you notice the applause division in the room? I love it. I'm glad he mentioned the urgency of sustainable energy use, moving toward hydrogen and ethanol. Then again, it could be all talk and no action. I want to know Jon Stewart's take on the speech for some non-partisan laughs. So, what did you think?

*Update addition:

Check out greener energy alternative on switchgrass. Treehugger and NPR cover the details. This topic was mentioned in the Address. Sounds promising.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home