Thursday, January 19, 2006

Wap!

Why haven't I post my grievences (in detail)?... my evening TV rituals? my random concert attendance? my family drama? my parent/teacher conferences? my crummy job? my social life? Well, this comic strip says it all. (via The Duplex by Glenn McCoy, click image to enlarge)

No, seriously. I just came back from a teacher/parent conference, and I am in total confusion as to who should be blamed for the progress* of Brother in Black. **Correction: progress or lack thereof. This is the third meeting this school year, except this time I requested Brother in Black be present, so that I can observe both perspectives. Not a great idea but a much better one than the last meetings because it was for my own pleasure and discretion. The faculty nailed Brother in Black. He wanted to fire back, but I keep giving him looks to control himself. I can see it in the teachers' eyes that they are exhausted, tired from the underpaid salary, the misbehaving students, the threats and all the turmoil. BHS is currently seeking a new principal. All textbooks have (FINALLY) arrived to the students. More securities have been approved and on its way to be implemented. Don't ask about transportation. Brother in Black has to walk 4.0 miles to school, crossing two major highways (Rt. 202 and Rt 450). In this day and age and living in Prince Georges' County, that's absurd! Ay yah! I'm confiscating Brother in Black's MP3 player and laying down a couple of school rules. He's being rebellious and experiencing his teenage phrase, the long greasy hair, the suffocating Axe bodyspray (this can't be good for air quality), the gothic wear, the heavy metal rock concerts, and so on. Mom and Dad are too busy with work. They see Brother in Black on average three hours a day with very little interaction. Whenever I yell at Brother in Black, they yell at me! He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named Brother is like a phantom. I see him on average 0.5 second a day. I see Brother in Black three hours a day after the shop job, usually just to ask about school and watch a comedy clip, then I head home, seven miles out. I feel like a spiritual being swing me a WAP! on the kisses everytime I head to my new home. On a better note, Buzz-cut nephew is doing well in school. Ms. Diamond says he's a good student. He just needs to calm down a bit in class, kinda like keeping an indoor voice. His grades are better than Brother in Black, and boy! he gloats about it! You guessed it! Buzz goes to Montgomery County school. At any rate, Buzz-cut is getting his green belt this week in Shotokan karate, yay! (However, he could not block Gorgeous-eyes nephew's arm swing, which only extends 1.2 foot in length!) Quibbling niece gets away with everything. She has a talent of evading the point. I get lost and confused in our short conversations. Then again, I get lost and confused in a lot of matters. Tsk tsk!

And now, an image link for you backyard composting enthusiasts. Mother Earth thanks YOU. Is that the largest terrestrial invertebrate you've ever seen or what?

1 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home