Monday, January 23, 2006

A celebration of life...

On this day, a year ago, I received the saddest news that my friend (cousin-in-law), Trịnh Phi Quyên Linda was murdered, asphyxiated in her apartment at John Hopkins' University. A certain person is currently under arrest and charged with this and other crimes. He STILL awaits trial in Baltimore. (WTF!?) I stood facing Linda this morning to tell her the updates and to tell her that she is missed by everyone that know and love her or read her tragedy.

This certain murderer once had a relationship with one of Linda's close sorority friends. He was well-known at Linda's apartment building and was no stranger around the campus. At some point, I guess, things changed. But at what point of transition that drive a person to kill!? I don't understand this!! Until this day a year ago, I never truly understood how someone could affect so many lives and make those around her feel optimistic about the downs of reality.

This is the longest post I've written. I think the intention is to remind everyone out there to be careful and to look out for each other. Gut feelings are 9 out of 10 times correct when it comes to matter of life and death. The link above is a website dedicated to Linda's memory. It serves as a quiet memorial for anyone who wish to learn more about Trịnh Phi Quyên Linda. We miss you much. Rest.In.Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home