Thursday, February 02, 2006

Phil, the weather forcaster

That's a photo of Punxsutawney Phil on the left. He saw his shadow today, so there will be six more weeks of winter, joy. The irony is if he didn't see his shadow due to a cloudy day, there would be 42 more days of winter. So would you rather take 6 more weeks or 42 more days?

Today was bright and clear, so Phil had to run back into his hole only to be dragged out by a big man for some photo op. This news caught my attention only because I had lived in Pennsylvania for four years. I've never ventured to Punxsutawney, PA, and I don't plan to because I'm afraid I'll mispronounce the town's name (Puh-suck-taw-nee?). Trust me, some people are sensitive (aggressive?) about saying their town's name correctly. Anywho, Happy Groundhog's Day. For what it's worth, it helps relieve cabin fever. The tradition is kinda humorous, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home