Friday, December 30, 2005

Old moon in new moon's arms


It's gonna be quite dark in the night sky today (well duh!). We have a new moon; which is great for star gazing if the thunderclouds would go away. Bummer. There'll be more new moons in the coming year. Speaking of the New Year, what are ya'll up to? My dad loaned me $100. I'm gonna use that to help pay the rent. At New Year's Eve, my plans are to sit around and hope somebody throws a free booze party then sit around again, comforting myself with the fact that in a month I'll have another new year, a Lunar New Year. It'll all be so much better. Then come New Year's day, the game-day Sunday: Redskins v. Eagles at the Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia. WaPo says there're still tickets available. We are at the brink of the playoff berth. We can win this game or hope the Cowboys lose in their game. I have so much to learn about american football, so feel free to skool me.

Just to bring in a New Year's cheer, the ivory-billed woodpecker is being rediscovered .
"Elvis is the rock star," said Mallard about the elusive woodpecker. "It’s one thing to have endangered species. It’s another thing to have a species that’s been gone for 60 years that reappeared." But he fully appreciates that the bird has brought attention, and could bring money, to the area in an era when national wildlife refuge budgets are low. "You’ve got to take advantage of what comes along."

Leave last year behind. Have a happy New Year, everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home