Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Thinking can't be good for you


I took time out of work today to do a phone interview that lasted for 1.5 hrs. Half of the time, the interviewer kept commenting what a "busy" place I live in. He was referring to the endless police sirens in the background. i told him I've gotten accustomed to the noise. I don't run for cover anymore, and I try not to think what the 120 decibels sirens are for or if necessary. If you live in Prince Georges County, any sound higher than 120 dB gives a headturn just because it tickles the ear drum, also known as the threshold of pain. Anyhow, the interview went well. I'll know my prospects in three weeks. I've also sent out a job application that is around the Washington DC area. I don't know how HR people sleep at night. For the next few weeks, I will be contemplating, waiting and thinking about my future. I don't know about you, but thinking is never a good thing for me. Thinking and waiting are the worse combinations, quite lethal for the mind.

Oh, check out this site. It's got some really nifty postcards. There are new ones posted every Friday, and there's an exhibition in Georgetown now until Jan. 8th! I'm interested.

2 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, Blogger Norene Griffin said...

I really enjoyed looking at the postcard site. Thanks for the link.

Lots of luck to you on the job front. I hope you get it. More than that, I hope you are able to wait out the 3 weeks without going completely batty. It's tough for thinker who has to wait!

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Trynn Diesel said...

Norene, "going completely batty", haha. I do keep myself busy with a part-time and birdwatching. Checked out your website; looks green and very informative. Mother Earth thanks you for the 5%.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home