Friday, February 17, 2006

A little bit of...


(1) Introducing the sixth mayoral candidate for the 2006 race, David John Bloem! for the DC Statehood Green Party! I'd vote for Mr. Bloem if I live in DC. Good luck!

(2) Darwin's nightmare is that the horny frog is evolving too fast.
PARIS (AFP) - He's fat, ugly and poisonous -- and he's mutating. He's the cane toad (Bufo marinus), a species which was introduced into the Australian state of Queensland 70 years ago to tackle insect pests in canefields and has since become an ecological catastrophe.
(3) The National Zoo is proudly to announce that a rare bird has been hatched.
WASHINGTON -- National Zoo veterinarians are celebrating a rare event at the Bird House this week.

A North Island brown kiwi -- an endangered bird -- hatched at the zoo on Feb. 13 and was the second kiwi to hatch in the zoo's 116-year history, zoo officials said.
(4) Here's a little of Dick Cheney humor.
Some say Dick Cheney is toast. He's too hot to handle, throw him over the side if he won't drop himself into the waves. Don't look now, but that isn't water surrounding the Bush ship of state. It's gasoline. The issue titled "Dick Cheney" is just one of many embers.
I found this flashgame via links from Impressions to be highly incorrecto, strange indeed, but it's two seconds enjoyment nonetheless. No harm done.

(5) As for news of me, I'm injured again. My housemate accidentally locked Mary and I in the basement. I had to climb through the basement window and over the barbed wired fence to the outside and knocked on Tammy's window so that she can open the front door and I set Mary free. We were definitely late for work, but hey, I had no idea I could climb a 10' high fence. Small cuts and bruises, nothing more. Put me in coach, I'm ready to play. On that note, hope ya'll have a nice weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home