Saturday, July 01, 2006

Won on penalties, omigosh Portugal advances


I know England fans are plotting to throw eggs at my face, not at my car, but at my face for cheering on Portugal in the quarter-finals. What an amazing match! I asked Brother in Black to tape the game for me. While working, I took a few glimpses at the play (ok, I watched practically the whole game), and I must say that both teams were really good. The result of the penalty shootout kicks were used to select a winner to progress to the semi-finals. I must admit, the shootouts were pure drama. Did you see my C. Ronaldo in action, did ya? did ya? Whoa! Ok, NA and England fans, the match was a tough fight for both team nonetheless. I really think that penalty shootouts are not fair for determining which team wins. The winning decision should be for the team with fewest yellow cards and red cards, that's all.

Speaking of yellow cards, Brazil lost, Muhahahaha!! Second happiest moment of my day! It was a fair win for France, but a big surprise nonetheless. I think Portugal should be ruthless with this team because the French offense is unbelieveable. However, the good French players are old! over 30 years old! Their stamina will soon run out (tee hehe)! I'm predicting Germany v. Portugal in the finals -- with the trophy in the hands of the Portuguese (more rotten eggs in my face, (figuratively) I'm sure -- cuz no one I know is rooting for them).

In other news, I'll be out-of-town at this location. Can anyone guess? Anyone other than SG, NQ, LG and Cammy the Camry. Happy (early) Fourth of July, everybody.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home