Saturday, November 18, 2006

It's my Happy Day.

Whaddaya doing on your birthday, Trynn Diesel? I am taking a Pope Branch Stream Walk tour. Yup. Me and my hip waders are reunited once again. This tour is for my job. I have been assigned to work on the post-restoration effort of Pope Branch Park. I’ve never been to the site nor have any clues as to the damages of the area. You can say that I’m an office drone – not by choice. I blame the DC government bureaucracy. Anyhow, I plan on studying the tributary for three hours in the AM, then go home and clean up my flooded carpeted floor basement. Stupid pipe system is loose again, for the 5th time! Now that Mary has been “evicted” (lucky her!), I’m doing all the cleaning and fixing myself. Tammy helps, but her schedule at the Nails Salon is so busy that by the time she gets home, I’ll probably be done. Yup. That is what I’m doing on my happy day. It’s good that I’m busy with menial not-my-responsibility work – because I don’t have to think about my bitter break-up or buying a house for my folks. Good god! Where is that scotch whiskey I asked for?
Khúc Hát Mừng Sinh Nhật
Tác Giả: Phan Đình Tùng


Ngày hôm nay ta cùng hợp hoan nơi đây
Mọi người bên nhau ta hát mừng sinh nhất
1,2,3 ta cùng thổi tắt nến
Happy birthday, happy birthday to you
On this day, all together will be
I will all sing for your birthday
One, two, three we blow out the candle
Happy birthday, happy birthday to you
Happy birthday, happy birthday to you.


Happy Birthday to me! I’m really happy that I have made it this far.
On a happy note, SG’s got a really, really good job in Boston. Woo hoo!! Wicked awesome!

2 Comments:

At 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like an excellent time, I am truly sorry I will miss it. Just remember, we'll always have ghetto mall Harry Potter. :)-

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Trynn Diesel said...

Haha. yes, my favorite place to hang out...the ghetto mall movies. I'm going kayaking down the river just because it's a nice autumn day out. Good luck with the transition!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home