Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Đàm Vĩnh Hưng in Cowboy Hot, I mean Hat.

Some of my Việt friends are teasing me without any signs of remorse, but this male artist, Đàm Vĩnh Hưng, is so cool. He has been around for a while and apparently very popular among the Viet communities. I suppose his good looks and gelled highlights just slipped through my pop cultural radar. I have been listening to his voice all day yesterday, ok – all afternoon on my day off. He is more R&B and Soul genre than Jazz. I like this particular song: Khóc cho người đi. The long crescendo on the eighth line blew me away, haha. To all seriousness now, this is a sad song, a song about moving on and about the healing process from a broken relationship, yadda yadda yadda! The harmonic sound of the 2-string đàn cò in the background music has a very soothing tone and dynamics. It’s a fiddle played with a bow. The base is held between the musician's feet in sitting position, a bit different from the holding position of a violin. PS. I want Best of Đàm Vĩnh Hưng CD for Christmas. I am gonna whine until I get it. Enjoy.
ở lại đây chỉ còn hai chúng ta
nói ra đi những suy tư buồn phiền
ngại ngùng chi vì ngày mai chách xa
sẽ không còn gì oán trách nhau
người tình ơi dù lòng anh đổi thay
trái tim tôi vẫn mong anh được vui
đừng bận tâm về chuyện hai chúng ta
cuộc tình mình xem như là cơn gió
người tình ơi ta đã không sống được với nhau
thì đành chia tay những giấc mơ mà thôi
những ngày vui ta bên nhau ôi đẹp làm sao
lòng quạn đau nhìn về những ngày xưa
tình xưa nghĩa cũ sẽ không bao giờ lãng quên dù ngày mai sẽ mãi mãi không còn nhau

Thôi đành chôn sâu trong tim một cuộc tình đau giọt nước mắt khóc cho người đi

2 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you need to cheer up. ur depression is bringin us down. what's goin on? by the way, your man, dvh, is sooo gay!

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Trynn Diesel said...

Grow up, TP. (I need to grow up too.) Just a phase, I'll get through it and will be myself again. Don't diss about "my man". What's wrong with wearing a cowboy hat, high boots and lots of make-up for a man? He looks good photogenically.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home