Monday, November 20, 2006

Pondering about the future


There are ninety days left in the lunar Year of the Dog. We have to get married within that ninety days. Here's what I have to do:

(1) Tell my parents, important family members, and close friends the good news!
(2) Arrange for our families to meet
(3) Announce my engagement
(4) Have an engagement party, I love parties.
(5) I want a secular formal wedding
(6) Set my limited budget
(7) Decide who's paying for the wedding, I really hope my hubby will contribute
(8) Start my guest list, I can only think of 20 people that will attend my wedding
(9) Select date and time. It's gonna be Friday evening December 22, 2006 (aka First day of Winter)
(10) Select and reserve my reception site, that local bar with the nice chairs.
(11) Choose bridesmaids, groomsmen and ushers. You know who you are (cuz I don't)
(12) Shop for my wedding dress and accessories, including veil, gloves and shoes
(13) Plan my honeymoon. To the Galapagos Island, honey!
(14) Throw a bachelorette party, tee hehe.
(15) Finalize the seating chart. I am not putting TN with TT in a table together. Neither, CM and TL, nor TP with TH.

Finally, I will enjoy my wedding and I will smile. "It's only once in a lifetime". I believe it will bring me and my hubby great fortune when we get married next month. We have only 32 more days! Mark your calendars and send us your gifts. I will put the bridal registries online soon. Woo hoo! Omigosh, I am so excited! Stay tuned for wedding photos.

PS: Don't read between the lines.

4 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Blogger nalumoni said...

aww..congratulations! i am soo happy for you. well, a part of me is. the part that isn't scarily overwhelmed with all those items on the checklist :)

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Trynn Diesel said...

Good gawd, nab. Do not read between the lines. I am only trying to plan and ridiculing my future. But thanx for the congrats.

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger U2Lorax said...

Uh huh. I see. Why the year of the dog?

Winter Solstice is a Great day for a wedding. Why not have it late (midnight), so you're married in moonlight. Outside, near a river. If people can't handle the cold, screw 'em! That way you get the solstice & the first day of winter in your wedding.

As for your checklist - you've got Oodles of time! Just have the families meet at the engagement party and then have the group split up. The ladies go to the bachelorette party and the men go home & get a good night's sleep (they don't need a bachelor party).

Totally doable.

Unrelatedly, meterological winter starts this Friday (Dec 1)

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Trynn Diesel said...

@u2lorax: The only hindrance is that I have to find someone and fall head over heels. If you know me, that's like getting hit by a lightning bolt.

As for why the year of the Dog (lunar calender), the Chinese & Vietnamese see this year as a lucky year for a new beginning. I attended seven VNese weddings this year. Seven! Me&guest invitations. I dunno why until I found that BBC article. Basically, I was just satiring the notion. My apologies to the newlyweds.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home