Wednesday, October 19, 2005

DC DUI


Fear no longer, that glass of wine with dinner won't land you in jail. I thought the arrest of the Alexandria, Va woman was absurd. Then again, it's tough to make a judgement. Only the driver can make that responsible decision. The D.C. Council has voted to amend the city's DUI law to establish .05 percent as the level below which drivers are presumed sober. Mayor Tony Williams criticized the law and wanted the Council to amend it.

In other news, Tammy and her partner opened a restaurant in Annapolis. I went to the opening day and was impressed by the presentation and set-up of the Paradise Restaurant. I was very critical with the food though. I stayed after closing to take a look around. The kitchen could've been much better in terms of move-ability and cleansiness. I won't say too much cuz I might not be welcome there anymore with good conscience. The bar area first caught my eye when I walked in. Amazing selection of wine and drinks. That bartending offer sounds so tempting to me. At any rate, Prince George's Co. is considering a smoking ban in restaurants. I have no objection cuz I don't like the smell of smoke while I'm eating.

I still haven't picked out the perfect pumpkin (or a perfect job!). I think I'll take my niece and nephews to the pumpkin patch if they behave (right!). Anyone know a fall attraction site (or a job for me)?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home