Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Rise n shine and a happy new year


Phew! Made it out alive. It turns out I didn't sit around at home. Mind you, there's nothing wrong with that! I would've gotten my family with extended young rascal members that will forever test my patience. I love them dearly. Shits happen, what are you gonna do but be optimistic. This year, I sat around with old friends from India and Romania, who are visiting DC. I took the Metro out to Court House, had some wine and champagne, wreaked havoc and saw the New Year's Eve ball dropped on TV. The metro stops running at 3 in the AM, so I had to frolic to the station to get back home in time. The train ride was quite entertaining, just like the old Friday nights at G'burg's Mama Ventura back alley. People watching is quite amusing, especially when the people are drunk. Seeing them get hurt doing silly stunts on the train's railings has made me feel giggly-snickery inside. What a fantastic show. I'd have joined them if I had another beer. Playing gladiator on the railings, haha.

Here's wishing you a happy new year to all the science and nature bloggers. Remember, it's two thousand six, not twenty oh six. And remember, among the anagrams for two thousand six are taxi dusts nohow and twist sound hoax, hehe.

Oh, the painting above is by Claude Monet called Impression, soleil levant or Impression, sunrise. Oil on canvas. One of my favorite painters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home