Thursday, April 27, 2006

American Idol

Yay. The Pickle got voted off. Paris as the bottom two? I didn't like it at all. Then again, I didn't like her choice of songs. A 17 year old singing Barbara Streisand's songs, ugh! Why does she always pick old people's songs!? I dunno if she'll make it if she keeps impersonating old artists. But, let's recap previous winners just to see some trends.

Season 1 winner: Kelly Clarkson, caucasian from Fort Worth, Texas.
Season 2 winner: Ruben Studdard, African-American from Birmingham, Alabama--with close runner-up Clay Aiken, gay from Raleigh, North Carolina.
Season 3 winner: Fantasia Barrino, African American from High Point, North Carolina.
Season 4 winner: Carrie Underwood, caucasian from Cheecotah, Oklahoma, with close runner-up Bo Bice, hippie from Huntsville, Alabama.
Season 5: I hope Paris will win, but Katherine McPhee, the eyecandy might take it home. Taylor! I thought tailoring fine suits is in your family name, seriously, get a designer in these few opportunities that you'll have. May I suggest EK?

The next five epidsodes should be fun to watch. Thank goodness for my old TeeVee and the homemade antennas. No matter what dear Tammy throws at me, I can handle it. I just hope there'll be no big t-storms during my TV hours.

In other crude oil awakening news, my friend CL "went into the gas station today and asked for five dollars worth of gas. The clerk farted and gave me a receipt." Priceless.

3 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Blogger Trynn Diesel said...

Never mind. Taylor's last name is Hicks, makes sense. I am extremely bitter right now. No offense.

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger nalumoni said...

gosh, the not-knowing-because-of-living-in-the-old-ages (a no TV household) has been bothering me for quite some time now. but darned if I was going to look up the current stats of the show.

Good to know Paris is still there. I seriously hope she wins. It's either her or that southern dude (rocky?) or the funny-looking one, whose name started with an E.

as you can tell, i have been away from american idol for just a bit TOO long.

(don't be bitter)

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Trynn Diesel said...

Haha. Bitter because I cheered when Kellie got voted off, but afterwards, I read her background and felt really guilty. Nowal, you're too nice, you want everyone to win. No fun if everyone wins, how are we going to enjoy the ones that cry on national tv?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home