Sunday, April 09, 2006

Knuckleballs, Sliders, Change Ups, Fastballs


These were the pitches at today's game. The different velocity, trajectory, movement, and arm angle... Oh my. I'm just overloaded with fun facts. SG and I once again went to see the Bosox V. Orioles at Camden Yards.
Tim Wakefield got his knuckleball to flutter at just the right time against the overeager Baltimore Orioles, who flailed away with little success when it mattered most.[...] Wakefield gave the Orioles plenty, but not when it counted. Despite allowing five hits, two walks and hitting two batters, he lowered his ERA from 17.18 to 6.52 following a horrible season debut. [...] Boston went up 4-1 in the sixth, scoring two runs with two outs after Orioles starter Rodrigo Lopez walked the bases loaded. Stern got an RBI single on a grounder that handcuffed Millar at first, and Mark Loretta chased Lopez (1-1) with a single before John Halama retired David Ortiz on a grounder to first.
What a beautiful day for a baseball game. Best.seat.ever (Left Field Box, Section 76, Row EE, Seat 3). Definitely worth the extra $5. From the bleachers, we were like spectators for a "human zoo". I finally got my binoculars to good use, haha. It's definitely a destressor/therapeutic event. Half of my face is sun-burned. My arms are tanned. I am satisfied. I warned you baseball madness is next in the agenda. Let's go Red Sox. With feelings now. Let's go Red Sox!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home