Wednesday, May 10, 2006

When a trial is postponed...

I found out, on my own, as to why the trial of Donta Allen, accused of murdering our Linda Trịnh, was cancelled this past April 25. I am a quiet observer of Maryland justice system and am quite disappointed thus far. I, in particular, don't ask the family what's going on, who's the attorney or what's the prosecutor's name. It's just too painful. When a trial is delayed, the victim's family grows impatient and hope for justice begins to decline. I don't have access to the archives and details of the trial, but as an honest tax-payer, I would like to follow this rough journey to the end. There's no hate in my heart, just bitterness to the whole ordeal.
Donta Maurice Allen, [now] 28, was scheduled to stand trial yesterday in the killing of Linda Trinh, 21, who was found dead in the bathtub of her Charles Street high-rise apartment near the university. Warren A. Brown, Allen's attorney, has said his client is not guilty.[...]

Police and prosecutors have given no motive for the killing.

The city state's attorney's office requested the postponement yesterday because the prosecutor, Twila C. Driggins, is on another murder trial.

Allen's new trial date is Sept. 6 before Circuit Judge Roger W. Brown.
Latest published report is here. My prayers continue to go out to Linda's family and friends.

1 Comments:

At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

any updates ? i heard the trial was supposed to start again a few weeks ago but haven't heard anything more
thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home