Friday, September 29, 2006

I need a taser...and a free theatre ticket


What a long week it has been. LL says I shouldn’t have quitted my other job. But I did, and I don’t have regrets. I just miss the extra time I would have had at home. Then again, things aren’t great at my house. Flat mates are being unbelievably difficult. No…that’s not why I need a taser. Lately, I have been at the office doing Teacher Workshops (PLT, WET, WILD) until 8:30pm and bravely walking to the NY Ave/ FL Ave Metro at night to catch my train home. Pepper sprays aren’t as fun as electroshock guns. Despite the controversies associated with taser use, I want one! I’m only using the shock gun for self-defense. It’s easier to use the taser to take the creepy druggie down to the ground -- with minimal physical exertion, and with a minimum potential for injury, I think. Not to worry, I’m gonna call the cops and the paramedics to check on him after I electrocute him on the sidewalk. Anyhow, I’m just happy that the workshops ended for now. Maybe tonight, I’ll get to talk to my oh-so-wonderful housemates. I do like their company, it’s the lack thereof that’s keeping the distant farther and farther away. Whatever.

Nothing much is happening this DC weekend. The "Deadskins" (SG’s term for the Washington Redskins) are gonna lose this home game against the Jaquars. On Sunday, I need to reserve a couple of free threatre tickets for the October 19 productions. The League of Washington Theatre is giving out more than 2000 tickets for your chance to see a professional production. Still waiting for The Departed to come out in the movie theaters. What else is new?

3 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can you talk that way about your beloved Deadskins! Look at the marvelous OT win thanks to Santana Moss. Ye of little faith...headshake.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger U2Lorax said...

There was football this weekend? Hmm silly me was concentrating on Hockey! Wooohoooo! Let's Go Canes! :)

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Trynn Diesel said...

@sg: I know, shame, shame, shame on me! That was an amazing game. TD on an OT, defeating the best defensive team in the NFL. I'm digging out my Readskins gears now. Next up: against the Giants, ohh la la Tiki Barber :-) No matter what problems' going on, Tom Brady is awfully cute, as in a very talented hottie hunk.

@lorax: There was hockey this past weekend? Did anybody got slammed through the glass wall? Did the puck hit the goalie in the you-know-what (aka adominal area)? I'd like to see the Flyers Vs. the Hurricanes. You guys won the Cup last season, how will you fair against the Devils this season?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home