Monday, September 04, 2006

RIP Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin

What a shock. It is a sad day that naturalist Steve Irwin died. If I had to die young, I would not want to die from something I love.
UK wilderness expert Ray Mears said that Mr Irwin's death was a tragedy and that his thoughts were with his family, but that the incident served as a warning that "some things in nature should be left alone".
How unfortunate it is to be struck in the heart by a stingray's barb. Poor guy. I haven't forgiven him for holding his baby in one hand and fighting off a crocodile with the other. That was when I thought he had gone too far! Nonetheless, Steve was a real hands-on conservationist. His eccentric style served its purpose in that it brought awareness to the general public who see animals as scary and ugly. We will all wish the best for his wife and family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home