Thursday, September 07, 2006

Wicked frustrated with the judicial system

Yesterday was supposed to be the first day for Quyên’s murder trial. I knew I couldn’t attend because of work, but I waited patiently for any news. The last set date was postponed because the prosecutor was busy. This time the trial lawyer quit his job, so now the case has been pushed back again! For the third time!
The trial for Donta Allen, the accused killer of undergraduate Linda Trinh, has been postponed from Sept. 6 to Nov. 14 because the state's attorney assigned to the case has resigned.

This is the third postponement of the trial, originally scheduled for Jan. 17 and then for April 25.
If you had recalled, Donta M. Allen was indicted in April 2005 and was to be arraigned in May – got postponed. I’ve been trying to find any news on what really happened at the arraignment, but I had no information. I looked at the Maryland court websites and called the front desk myself, and I haven’t been successful.

I sure hope there’s a bright side to all these delays – that all the evidence are collected and all witnesses are gathered and all speeches are meticulously worded and the murderer has time to reflect on what a massive sin and hurt he has bestowed upon all of us. We still miss you very much Linda Quyên Trịnh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home