Wednesday, January 18, 2006

News that ruin your day, again

I watched Commander in Chief last night. By the end of the epidsode, I felt relieved and content. Then I flipped the channel to CNN, and my night was ruined. This report hits you in the face every aired time. The fascist people we're fighting in Iraq have taken an American journalist hostage.
The captors say they will kill her unless all female Iraqi prisoners are freed.
The image in the last 24 epidsode comes to mind, and it's not pretty. The execution scene was so gruesome and nauseating that my housemate (we'll call her Mary) left the room. I don't know the details of the negotiations, but I fear that this captive lady might not make it out alive. I don't want to point fingers to who's responsible (because I know better), but for goodness sake, send in Jack Bauer for a rescue mission.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home