Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Scandalicious side effects of beruit

"Hey, XYZ, wanna hook up?"
That phrase sums up my weekend. Although it was not directed to me. Darn it! But, come on! No foreplay? No "I think you look nice in that shirt"? Or instead, "Do you want to come to the kitchen for a post midnight snack?" Anyhow, thanks for the scandals. The party was great. I beat my archrivals in beruit. Woo hoo! that's one New Year resolution crossed off, thanx to my enthusiastic boob-grabbing drunken partner in crime, SS. I'm sorry you forgot your pizza at the house, truly. And I'm sorry that some guests didn't get their chance at the beruit table. Don't take it personally.

Gosh, I need to grow up. It's like I'm back in school again. With more and more college kids getting "bombed" playing drinking games, marketers want a piece of the action.
Drinking games have been around since Dionysus. But a whole new industry has taken off around them, making the games more popular, more intense and more dangerous, according to college administrators who say the games are just thin cover for binge drinking.[...]
Budweiser is not the only brand using games to sell alcohol. One recent Miller campaign featured spin the bottle, and its distributors have promoted beer pong tournaments as well, although the company says it has no corporate strategy to market the game.[...]
Beer pong seems to be the drinking game du jour. Legend has it that the game, also known for some reason as Beirut, started years ago at a Dartmouth College fraternity party. Now bars hold matches every week, often working with beer distributors who help advertise the events and supply the prizes.
We didn't have prizes, but instead a good company of old friends' "remember when..." and cheers were top notch. Well, I must start shopping/packing for the cold front out on the open water. My next adventure will be 400 miles away from home. Where will I be? I can not tell. What will I do? All will be revealed in due time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home