Monday, November 28, 2005

Since I've been gone

Road trip (more than 900 miles back-n-forth, you rock SG!) to Boston/Lyndeboro/Leominster this Turkey Day 2005 has to be the greatest Thanxgiving break ever. I was schooled a bit on the American culture, thanks to the Guertin clan. The hospitality was out of this world. I must admit, for the first time in a long while, I went to sleep on the cot full and satisfied. I am speechless at how a family has welcomed me into their home. Thank you. I'm also jealous at how well the family got along so well and bonded so naturally. I guess if my family had a few cold beers and a jug of white wine and ice every night, we would've talked naturally. I dunno, I guess we'll have to work on that next year.

Well, since I've been gone these things happened:

(1) Nick and Jessica finally fed up. According to a spoof report, the break up was major news in the White House.

It depicted President George W. Bush as complaining that the breakup was more bad news, on top of problems in Iraq, and facetiously quoted him as saying, "I can't take any more."


(2) Sad news. Mr. Miyagi, passed away while I was gone, on Turkey Day. He was 73. He died from a heart failure, not from injuries sustained in an epic karate battle with numerous armed foes. He died in the hospital, not in a dojo surrounded by the bodies of his freshly slain enemies or on a bloodied martial arts battlefield, but in a hospital. You will be missed, Mr. Miyagi.

(3) Since we're on the topic of passing, while I was away, a naked man leaped off a building to his death. He jumped out of an SUV totally naked, walked into an office skyscraper, took the elevator to the eighth floor and jumped. According to WaPo, a vigilant D.C. parking enforcers ticketed the man's car before anyone realized what had happened, ironic huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home