Friday, September 30, 2005

An Autumn Poem

Ok, so I once thought poems were pretty lies. Just mumble jumble of words put together to get readers confused and to keep on guessing. But in the spirit of the fall (haha, no I mean my favorite season!), I jotted down these lines and stanzas for my amusement. I call it: The FFFU.

The Fabulous Fall Foliage Union

There's something magical happening my friend.
Tell the elves, the hobbits and all the men.
The Ents are giving a colorful show
Make haste, Shenandoah now let's go!

Caratenoids and anthocyanins.
Unmask your true phenomneon within.
Oh Ents of hickories, oaks and maples.
The sun god must favor thee this label.

Treebeard invited many companies.
He had Wind to lead the choreography.
Miss Oak came and dressed in breathtaking red.
Scarlet Maple, Yellow Chesnut ahead!

Leaf seekers, you do not want to miss
An event very few days of bliss.
Nature lovers, stand back and gaze free.
Do a little dance and yell whoopee!

-Trynn Diesel-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home