Monday, August 29, 2005

Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans

New Orleans is one of my favorite places. My great friend Chenoa is there at the time for her graduate study. I can't help but worry. No news yet. I know there's an established system of evacuation from tropical storms in the city. I remembered there were numerous street signs that printed "Hurricane Route". I saw the super dome when I was there. Now, there's a leak and a threat to safety from the people seeking shelter inside. Hopefully, there'll be no causualties from the hurricane. Be safe Chenoa.

UP-TO-DATE: Chenoa (aka Denise Defreece) is well. In fact she's heading back home to NJ soon. It has been two days after the terrible storm, and the Red Cross is doing their best for this disasterous emergency. Hundreds are dead and survivors are being found all the time. This is such a tragedy. My sympathy goes out to the families and people in New Orleans and in Mississipii. The city must be rebuilt and it will be spectacular again, with higher levee systems. Bring back Boubon Street, Mardi Gras and the Jazz culture that made New Orleans one of my favorite cities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home